I recently received the plant-based cookbook THE MIX by Liora Bels. I am obsessed with her alkaline green soup since it is a delicious, well-nourishing and quickly prepared green soup. And here is how to cook it.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
– 1 tablespoon organic expeller-pressed coconut oil
– 4 oz / 120 g spinach
– 3 1/2 oz / 100 g broccoli
– 1 fennel bulb
– 2 celery stalk
– handful kale leaves
– 1/2 – 1 garlic (I forewent garlic)
– 1 1/4 cups / 300 ml hot filtered water, or more if needed
– sea salt
– bunch fresh parsley
– pinch of ground cinnamon
– juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Step: Chop all vegetables roughly.
2. Step: Add coconut oil, water, and all vegetables into your cooking pot. The most natural and healthy way to cook vegetables is to use an iron cocotte by Staub. I got my 2.75 qt / 2,24 l cocotte from Bleywaren. Bleywaren offers a huge selection of Staub cocottes in diverse sizes and for a good price. This size is big enough to get all vegetables in it which is enough for 2 portions. Due to the Staub cocotte design, less humidity can escape and 10% more moisture is retained inside the pot. The other cool thing is, that it only takes a few minutes until all vegetables are finished cooked. So, I definitely can recommend having a Staub cocotte in your kitchen.
Step 3: Transfer to a high-speed blender. I recommend the Vitamix Pro 300. It is the most powerful blender on the market and in less than 5 seconds you will get a creamy, smooth soup. But before you mix it, add parsley, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Feel free to add more water if you desire a more liquid soup. And if you do not own a Vitamix blender yet, you should get yours for a very good price, here: perfecthealthyforyou.com (international) or perfektegesundheit.de (German).
Now you are finished and ready to serve. You see, this soup is super easy and quickly cooked. Enjoy it!
Additional info: This alkaline green soup by Liora Bels has so many good ingredients for your body and health. Eating this green soup is a very good way to incorporate a good amount of greens into your diet. Greens are one of the most nutrient foods available like antioxidants, fiber, folate, amino acids, carotenoids, and flavonoids among other nutrients. Feel free to add fresh alkalizing vegetables and seasonal leafy greens.
Founder and Editor-in-Chief of MOCHNI.